Food Labelling & The Law Masterclass - Complex to Simple
The law relating to food labelling has changed extensively over the last few years, but now that the final transitional provisions are out of the way, the law is stable and it is the perfect time to get to grips with it.
Despite the fact that the law appears to be complex, the complexity lies more in the size of the legislation and the way it is organised than in what is actually required. This course will offer practical guidance on a step by step approach to appraising the legality of a food label, linked to the specific provisions of the legislation.
After attending this course delegates should be able to develop their own workflows, audit a label and create material for use by their external and in-house clients.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Naming foods
- Listing ingredients (including quantitative declarations and allergens)
- Giving additional information for particular foods
- Stating the net quantity
- Indicating durability
- Setting out special storage conditions or conditions of use
- Giving the name and address of food business operator
- Stating the country of origin or place of provenance
- Providing instructions for use
- Declaring the nutritional values
- Clarity, visibility and position of label
- Miscellaneous claims such as health claims
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme