Fixed Costs Reforms after Jackson - A Guide for Personal Injury Lawyers
The second Jackson report of July 2017 brings further fixed costs into all areas of personal injury.
This course will offer a clear and comprehensive guide to all aspects of the reforms for both Claimant and Defendant practice.
The course will focus on the running of personal injury cases in an efficient way post-Jackson and show you how to overcome/ mitigate the changes in practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- An introduction to the Jackson report 2017
- Changes to standard costs and the new Intermediate Track
- Further fixed costs in EL, PL and travel claims and mitigating the effects
- Changes to costs budgeting and the effects on costs budgeting
- Changes to the Small Claims Track in PI claims for EL/PL and travel claims
- Tariffs in RTA claims and running claims under the new system
- Potential escape routes from fixed costs
- Counsel's fees and disbursements in the new system from October 2018
- Changes to the operation of Part 36 and fixed costs success fees
- Developing a PI practice in the new costs regime and preparing for the changes
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme