Fitness for Purpose, Right to Reject & Refunds - A Guide to Consumer Rights
This webinar sets out a summary of the key rights and remedies available in respect of the supply of goods, services and digital content to consumers.
There is also a brief summary of the enhanced consumer measures now available to enforcement bodies in certain circumstances.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
Sale of Goods
- Consumer rights - satisfactory quality; fitness for particular purpose; as described; match a sample; right to supply; match a model
- Consumer remedies - short term right to reject; repair; replacement; right to price reduction; final right to reject
- Burden of proof
- Consumer rights - reasonable care and skill; reasonable price; reasonable time period; information about trader to be binding
- Consumer remedies - right to price reduction; right to repeat performance
- Definition and application of the rules
- Rights and remedies
- Compensation where device of content is damaged
Enhanced Consumer Measures
This webinar was recorded on 17th May 2017