Firearms Offences - A Guide for Criminal Lawyers
Critics of the current law on firearms say it is ambiguous and incoherent and in need of significant overhaul.
This webinar will explore the current law and identify some of the difficulties that can arise when conducting a firearms trial.
It will also explore the proposed changes and their effect.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The definition of a firearm
- The categories of firearms
- When is possession of a firearm lawful
- How does the law treat the possession, use and distribution of imitation firearms
- Deactivated and antique firearms
- Air weapons
- Mandatory sentence
- Proposed changes in the law
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 12th October 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.