Financial Provision on Separation & Divorce - Back to Basics
This new introductory level course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the first principles to be applied in financial provision on separation/divorce cases. It will provide you with the knowledge that you need to advise clients in such cases in your day to day practice as a family law solicitor in Scotland.
The course is aimed at those new to this area of law.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Examination of the statutory framework in the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985
- Relevance and identification of the date of separation
- Identification and quantification of matrimonial property
- What is fair sharing of the matrimonial property?
- Aliment/periodical allowance
- Top tips when meeting a new client regarding their separation/divorce
- Methods of alternative dispute resolution
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme