Financial Provision on Separation & Divorce - Back to Basics
This new introductory level course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the first principles to be applied in financial provision on separation/divorce cases. It will provide you with the knowledge that you need to advise clients in such cases in your day to day practice as a family law solicitor in Scotland.
The course is aimed at those new to this area of law.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Examination of the statutory framework in the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985
- Relevance and identification of the date of separation
- Identification and quantification of matrimonial property
- What is fair sharing of the matrimonial property?
- Aliment/periodical allowance
- Top tips when meeting a new client regarding their separation/divorce
- Methods of alternative dispute resolution
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme