Financial Disclosure - A Guide for Family Lawyers
Financial disclosure is a crucial, and potentially complex issue, in financial remedy proceedings.
This webinar provides a concise summary of the law and procedure on disclosure; from a reminder of its importance, to the forms it can take and the ways in which you can effectively deal with a party who refuses to provide full and frank disclosure.
The relevant legislation and case law will be examined, and practical guidance on seeking disclosure both in this jurisdiction and in respect of assets held in other jurisdictions will be outlined.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The importance of disclosure
- The form of disclosure and how this varies depending on the proceedings
- Remedies regarding non-disclosure (including practical steps and guidance as to the approach of specific foreign jurisdictions in which assets are commonly held):
- Specific disclosure orders
- Letters of request
- Third party disclosure orders
- Bankers' Books Evidence Act orders
- Recognition and enforcement issues, particularly in respect of parties that are resident overseas and/or hold assets in foreign jurisdictions
- Key case law
- A 'check your knowledge' quiz
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 5th February 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.