Fashion & IP - Key Developments & Enforcement
This webinar will focus specifically on the fashion sector. The first part of the webinar will consider a number of recent key developments with the second part focussing on enforcement.
This will include the scope of remedies and damages (also against the phenomenon known as ‘fast fashion’) and the involvement of offline and online intermediaries.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following from an EU and UK perspective:
- Key Developments
- Copyright protection as applied to items like textiles, clothing, and perfumes (including notions of originality and work)
- Scope of design protection and overlaps with copyright
- Trade mark protection and absolute grounds for refusal for signs consisting exclusively of the shape, or another characteristic, that gives substantial value to the goods
- Scope of remedies, including damages
- The role of intermediaries, including safe harbours, injunctions against them, and direct liability
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 18th January 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.