Fashion & IP - Bringing You Up To Date
This webinar will focus specifically on the fashion sector.
The first part of the webinar will consider recent substantive developments including:
- Protection of fashion designs in the aftermath of the recent decision in Cofemel
- Trade mark protection as applied to fashion brands in the aftermath of the decisions in SkyKick and Constantin Film, as well as recent decisions concerning trademark registration of fashion patterns and less conventional signs.
The second part of the webinar will discuss the scope of remedies and damages (also against the phenomenon known as ‘fast fashion’) and the role and liability of offline and online intermediaries in the enforcement process, also in light of the recent referral in Amazon.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Key Developments
- Copyright protection as applied to fashion items (including notions of originality and work, and requirements for protection)
- Scope of design protection and overlaps with copyright
- Trademark protection and absolute grounds for refusal for signs consisting exclusively of the shape, or another characteristic, that gives substantial value to the goods
- Trademark specifications
- Bad faith and public policy/morality
- Scope of remedies, including damages
- The role of intermediaries, including safe harbours, injunctions against them and direct liability
This webinar was recorded on 24th April 2020