Fair & Proper Dismissals - A Guide for Employment Lawyers & HR Professionals
This live broadcast session will explore the principles of fairly and properly dismissing employees and the relevant legal principles.
It will guide you through the practical application of the law relating to real life case scenarios and you will have the opportunity to share your own experiences and have your particular questions answered.
What You Will Learn
This live interactive session will cover the following:
- Who can bring a claim under the Employment Rights Act
- Legal requirements
- When a dismissal occurs
- Unfair dismissal in practice
- ACAS Code of Practice on Discipline and Grievance
- Range of reasonable responses test
- Tricky areas to manage - including using ‘some other substantial reason’ in practice, conduct outside of work, social media issues and resignations in the heat of the moment
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.