Failing to Prevent Tax Evasion - The New Corporate Offence Explained
The new corporate offence of failing to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion in the UK and abroad came into force on 30 September 2017.
The new provisions represent an expansion of the corporate criminal liability framework in the UK. Understanding the reach of the offences and appropriate preventative steps, which form the basis of a defence, is vital for legal practitioners and business alike.
This webinar explores the mechanics of the new offences and their scope.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The origins of the new offences
- Examining the line between tax avoidance and tax evasion so you know what to watch out for
- The elements of the new offences in the Criminal Finances Act 2017 including the reach of an 'associated person' and a 'relevant body'
- The offence of failing to prevent the facilitation of foreign tax evasion and the implications it holds for your business
- How a tax evasion can be proved for the purposes of the new offences