FATCA Explored - Live Online for Accountants
FATCA can impact companies, partnerships and trusts where a connection to the US may not be immediately apparent.
With penalties for non-compliance and much uncertainty around the implementation of FATCA this live online session will enable you to understand the wide-reaching impact of FATCA reporting obligations and the need to identify the US tax status of those with direct and indirect interests in the 'entities' that you advise.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How do you determine the FATCA status of an 'entity’?
- What is covered by FATCA reporting?
- How do you identify a US reportable person?
- How do you make the appropriate disclosures?
- What to consider when looking at FATCA status
- Questions to ask to determine the US tax status of your clients
- Annual reporting obligations
- How to interact with payors of US source income/completion of W8 Forms
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.