Exploring the MiFID II Product Governance Regime
The product governance regime aims to ensure that when firms manufacture or distribute regulated financial services and products, they have arrangements in place to understand the products and to make certain that they are only sold to investors and clients for which they are likely to be deemed suitable.
The requirements apply to ‘services’ as well as ‘products’ for all client types and to all distributors in the sales chain.
This live broadcast session will provide you with an explanation of the regulatory requirements and assess what these requirements mean for your firm in practice.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Key regulatory principles that firms should review in relation to the product governance framework including governance; management oversight; roles & responsibilities; and process
- Product approval obligation on firms acting as manufacturers, distributors and intermediaries
- Practical considerations for investor protection including target market; fair value; customer needs; and terms and processes
- Requirements to review products regularly to assess whether the product remains consistent with the needs of the target market of the product
- National Competent Authorities (NCA’s) product intervention powers and consideration for complex and non-complex products
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
1:00pm - 4:00pm
1:00pm - 4:00pm