Expert Determination Clauses - A Road Map
Expert determination clauses are common in a wide variety of contracts from relatively simple options to buy land contracts through to highly complex business sale agreements.
This webinar will explore the applicable substantive and procedural principles so that you can advise your clients clearly and accurately.
It will look at the most recent cases and provide a practical road map to some of the common issues arising from expert determination clauses. If you advise in any area of contract law then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to preserve the jurisdiction of the expert
- Does the Court have the power to prevent an expert from acting when the expert is not a party to contract?
- What to do if the contract has overlapping jurisdiction between the expert and the Court
- How to advise quickly and effectively on the key issues arising from such clauses
- The meaning of an expert determination clause including George Scarr-Hall v. ISS, [unreported]
- Future trends in upholding the efficacy of expert determination clauses.
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 2nd March 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.