Exclusion Clauses & Enforceability - 2020 Update
This webinar updates commercial practitioners and litigators on the stream of recent cases that have changed the landscape for the enforceability of exclusion clauses.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The UCTA starting point the new ‘reasonable’
- Equal bargaining power - fiction?
- Standard terms and conditions after African Bank - ‘habitual use’
- Severance for high risk clauses following Goodlife Foods Ltd v Hall Fire Protection Ltd
- The changes to the meaning of direct loss, the Court of Appeal reject Hadley v Baxendale
- Caps - contract price and aggregation after RDE v Atos
- Blanket exclusions of ‘all loss’ after Persimmon Homes v Ovrpe
- Mandatory insurance affecting enforceability of caps: Ampleforth Abbey
- How to defeat the clause - tips and arguments for the Claimant - has it been included - Arcadis Consulting (UK) Ltd v AMEC on version control and battle of the forms
- Capping the indemnity
- B2C Consumer Rights Act 2015 ‘grey’ listed clauses