European Restructuring & Schemes of Arrangement - All You Need to Know
The flexibility and pragmatism of the English courts has resulted in England and Wales often being the go-to jurisdiction for many European corporates that need to restructure their debt whilst avoiding a formal and possibly terminal insolvency procedure.
During this introductory level course we will look at the use of schemes of arrangement as a debt restructuring tool and will also consider the future for schemes of arrangement in a life outside of the European Union.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- What is a scheme of arrangement and what are the constituent elements required for a scheme of arrangement?
- The advantages of schemes of arrangement
- The process of schemes of arrangement
- Issues and hurdles:
- Jurisdiction of the English courts
- Class issues
- Third party releases
- Bondholder voting
- Recognition of schemes of arrangement
- Private international law
- Recognition under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code
- The European Union
- Examples of schemes of arrangement
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme