Ensuring Compliance with the Companies Act - A Guide for Company Secretaries
This webinar will cover the key duties a company secretary to a private limited company is required to carry out. It will help you to understand the requirements of your role in order for you to ensure that you are both compliant with the Companies Act 2006 and that you are carrying out all of your necessary duties.
It will also cover current filing deadlines at Companies House and will analyse the outcome of a 2017 case relating to shareholder resolutions.
If you are new to the role of company secretary or want to ensure you are carrying out all of the required obligations, then this introductory level webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is the role of a company secretary?
- What is the authority of the company secretary to bind your company?
- Additional obligations/limiting your role
- Understanding your company constitution (considering the memorandum and articles of association)
- Day to day obligations
- Maintenance of statutory registers and records (including up to date timings for filings at Companies House)
- Registered office/SAIL and practical points
- Display of company name requirements
- Board meetings - practical considerations and tips
- General meetings - including practical considerations together with analysis of 2017 case law surrounding the Duomatic principle
- Arranging execution of documents
- Practicalities on issuing and transferring shares
- Annual obligations
- Confirmation statement
- Annual Accounts
- Annual General Meeting - when is it required?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 30th May 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.