Drafting Tips for Impeccable Instructions to Experts & Winning Witness Statements
Most litigators and paralegals have drafted a statement, but is it an effective one?
Experts can make or break a case and this live broadcast session presented by Helen Swaffield identifies a ‘how to’ guide to boost civil evidence.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Statements from proof of evidence
- The case theory
- Privilege and property in a witness
- Preparing the evidence for court
- The case theory identified and mobilised
- Part 32 technicalities, exhibits
- Affidavits, summons and overseas evidence
- Dishonest evidence and exaggeration
- Choice of expert and ‘crossing the Rubicon’ of Part 35
- Instructions to experts and assumptions
- Should they prove fact or just opinion?
- Problem experts - can they be replaced?
- How much can the solicitor do on the report?
- CPR 35 new cases
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.