Drafting Great Board Minutes - A Beginner’s Guide
This short webinar will cover some key elements involved in drafting board minutes.
It will ensure that the drafter understands the key legal elements of the document (which in turn will ensure they comply with the legal requirements and will make the minutes more useful commercially).
If you are a personal assistant, secretary, paralegal, junior solicitor or company secretary working in a team that is required to prepare board documentation, then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This short introductory webinar will cover the following:
- What are board minutes and why must a company have them?
- Directors' written resolutions?
- What you must do before drafting board minutes/key points to check
- Standard board minute items:
- Present/In attendance/apologies
- Declarations of interest/rules surrounding s.177 Companies Act 2006 (and consequential implications)
- Board resolutions? Voting thresholds
- Execution and circulation
- Practical points?