Domicile & Tax Residency - An Introduction for Private Client Professionals
This introductory level webinar will explain what private client professionals should be considering when dealing with international clients from a UK perspective.
The webinar will concentrate on the concepts of domicile and tax residency and explore their importance from both a tax and succession planning perspective.
It will also explore the planning considerations for clients with an international estate and the impact of succession rules and double tax treaties in and with different jurisdictions.
It will finish with a review of recent changes in the FA2017 and some considerations for international clients going forward.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Concepts of Domicile
- Why is this important?
- Traditional planning for non-UK clients
- FA 2017 Changes
- Concepts of Tax Residency
- Why is this important
- Arising and remittance basis
- Statutory residence test
- Dual tax residency
- Common Planning Around Domicile & Tax Residency
- Non-tax residency
- Tax planning:
- Inheritance tax
- Income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Corporation tax (re: offshore holding structures)
- Impact of FA 2017
- Succession Planning
- International private clients
- Situs of assets and forced heirship
- EU succession regulation and the ‘UK worldwide will’
- The Future of International Estate Planning in the UK