Directors & Insolvency - The Latest Law & Practice with Stephen Allinson
There has perhaps never been a greater focus on the roles and responsibilities of directors than we see today, particularly when corporate failure is involved.
In 2015, new provisions to 'toughen up' the director disqualification regime came into force, but there is still a feeling amongst creditors that more can be done to protect them. The Government proposed a series of new measures in 2018 which demonstrated a further commitment to reform in this arena.
This webinar with Stephen Allinson will bring you fully up to date with the relevant law and practice and makes compelling viewing for all who advise directors in the course of their professional practice.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The current director disqualification framework - how is it shaping up?
- Compensation orders following disqualification - a concern for directors or a damp squib?
- Directors' duties in the context of insolvency - recent case law revisited
- Non-cooperation with the office holder - what are the consequences?
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading - has the balance tipped in favour of the director?
- Misfeasance and other post insolvency proceedings against directors - tips and tactics for advising on and defending such claims
This webinar was recorded on 5th December 2019