Directors & Insolvency - The Latest Law & Practice
There has never been a greater focus on the roles and responsibilities of directors, particularly when corporate failure is involved. New provisions to 'toughen up' the director disqualification regime have come into force, but there is still a feeling amongst creditors that more can be done to protect them.
This webinar with Stephen Allinson will bring you fully up to date with the relevant law and practice in this area of law which impacts on many areas of legal and business work.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The new disqualification framework as amended by the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
- Compensation Orders following disqualification - the relevant law and practice
- Directors' duties in the context of insolvency - how to avoid a claim
- Non-cooperation with the Office Holder - what are the consequences?
- Wrongful trading - has the balance tipped in favour of the director?
- Misfeasance explained and analysed