Directors & Insolvency - The Latest Developments in Irish Corporate Recovery
This course will examine developments in Irish corporate recovery and insolvency and an in-depth analysis of all of the issues will be provided.
The course is aimed at lawyers, accountants, insolvency practitioners and board members.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The legislative framework in Ireland to allow for informal work-outs, as well as formal restructuring and insolvency proceedings and how these are used in practice
- The duties and potential liabilities that the directors and managers should have regard to when managing a company in financial difficulties
- Identifying the point at which a company must enter a restructuring or insolvency process
- The stakeholders that may influence the company's situation and any restrictions on the action that they can take against the company
- The circumstances where transactions entered into by a company in financial difficulties are at risk of challenge and the remedies that are available
- The implementation of an informal work-out in Ireland
- The formal rescue procedures available in Ireland to restructure the liabilities of distressed companies, including debt-for-equity swaps and pre-packaged sales
- The criteria for entry into each restructuring procedure
- The management of each restructuring procedure and any court involvement
- How creditors and/or shareholders are able to influence each restructuring process and any restrictions on the action that they can take, including the enforcement of security
- The impact that each restructuring procedure has on existing contracts and whether parties are obliged to perform outstanding obligations
- How each restructuring process is funded and the protection given to rescue financing
- How to apply the company law rules regarding Irish corporate recovery and insolvency
- How to advise the board of directors of a company or organisation on Irish corporate recovery and insolvency
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme