Directors’ Duties, Conflicts & Liabilities in One Day
This course is aimed at lawyers but is also suitable for others with some prior corporate experience such as compliance officers and company secretaries. The course covers a private company director's duties (both statutory and non-statutory), how to deal with conflicts of different types and the liabilities that such directors may be subject to.
Please note that directors and other non-lawyers new to company law should consider attending Company Law - The Nuts & Bolts.
This course is taught in the context of two case studies. Delegates will be provided with detailed reference notes and the latest case law examples.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Types of director
- Director authority
- Company decision-making
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Directors duties and recent case law
- Dealing with Conflicts and Disclosure
- Nominee directors and Joint Ventures
- Consequences of breach of duty (including derivative claims and unfair prejudice actions)
- Authorisation and Ratification of breaches of duty
- Insurance, Indemnification and Relief from Liability
- Company accounts, reporting and narrative reporting
- Criminal liabilities (e.g. Bribery, Fraud, Health & Safety)
- Liability on Insolvency (including a discussion of the recent Insolvency and Corporate Governance consultation)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme