Debt Recovery & Enforcement - Autumn Update
It has been a busy year, with the direct effects of the GDPR being felt by many, the HMCTS Reform programme ongoing and the uncertainty of Brexit on the horizon.
This webinar will consider how the above issues affect practitioners from a debt recovery and enforcement perspective and will review some of the recent case law on the enforcement of judgments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- GDPR - a review of what practitioners and clients should have in place and take into consideration in the context of debt recovery
- Brexit - a look at the proposed EU Directive on ‘Credit Servicers, Creditor Purchasers and the Recovery of Collateral’, the 31st House of Commons European Scrutiny Committee report and the latest Brexit White Paper
- HMCTS reform - the HMTCS ‘Civil Money Claim’ service and the ongoing estates rationalisation
- Mental health - why debt recovery practitioners should be aware of the issues and have plans in place for liaising with debtors with mental health problems
- Litigants in person - recent developments
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 16th November 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.