Damages, Quantification & Enforcement - A Guide for Civil Litigators
This new course is a litigation refresher of the rules of common law damages (other than personal injury and clinical negligence).
This course will follow the quantification of the claim through to its enforcement and consider the proposed changes to enforcement.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Measures of loss for contract
- Remoteness and the test of causation
- Expectation loss or reliance
- Measures of loss for tort, including negligence, nuisance and trespass
- Loss of a chance
- Other approaches in land and restrictive covenants including breach of confidentiality
- Exemplary and punitive damages
- Wrotham Park and gains-based damages
- Equitable measures and when can they be used- misrepresentation
- Calculation examples
- Other non-financial remedies that can be included
- Interest- statutory or LPCDIA?
- Enforcement mechanisms for goods- TCEA
- Attachment of earnings, the new system
- Third party debt orders
- Charging orders
- Information from the debtor
- Statutory demands
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme