Crypto-Assets in Divorce & Separation - An Introduction for Family Lawyers
Practitioners are finding it increasingly common for crypto-assets to exist in financial remedy cases. It is better to be prepared and have a basic understanding rather than be landed with a problem and be unable to advise your client.
This webinar will discuss the basics of crypto-assets, the value of cryptocurrency and how the courts deal with crypto-assets in the financial settlement.
This webinar is aimed at family lawyers who deal with financial remedy cases.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The basics of crypto-assets
- How to identify cases where crypto-assets exist within a party’s disclosure and ask the right questions in questionnaires
- The steps you can take to trace crypto-assets where there has been non-disclosure
- How to value cryptocurrency
- What the court can do about non-disclosure of crypto-assets
- How the courts deal with crypto-assets in the financial settlement
This webinar was recorded on 16th January 2020