COVID-19: The Job Retention Scheme & Other Issues - Live at Your Desk
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing concerns for many employers and employees.
The situation is rapidly changing and in this live session your questions will be answered as we look at the issues that employers need to consider as they grapple with different potential scenarios.
Please note that the session will be based on the published information available at the time of the broadcast.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
The Job Retention Scheme
- How the scheme will work
- Issues to consider
- What we know
- What we don’t know
Absence from Work
- Working from home
- Employee unable to work from home, but absent from work - different scenarios and how to address them
- Statutory sick pay
- Freezing proposed pay increases
- Bonuses and commission
- How to manage a redundancy
- Working through the process
- Recent case law
Duties of the Employer
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Duty to provide a safe place of work
- Care with medical information
- Handling of information about employees who have travelled to highly infected areas
- Managing job offers that have been made
- Disciplinary issues
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.