Costs Law Update - CFAs, DBAs & Other Key Areas Explained for PI Lawyers
This new half day workshop will provide a complete update on costs issues and practice for 2019, focussing on practical advice, tips and litigation tactics to progress cases.
It is aimed at all who deal with costs issues in personal injury or clinical negligence or those who wish to develop their existing skills and knowledge.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- CFAs - what success fee can now be recovered?
- CFAs - new challenges to success fees under the CFA and the risk assessment
- QOCS and the exemptions
- QOCs and why it does not protect multiple defendant cases?
- Other funding models - litigation funding and consumer credit agreements
- Damages based agreements - the pros and cons and challenges to DBAs
- Proportionality - how do the new tests apply and how do I maximise costs recovery?
- Costs on Multi Track cases - using the new electronic form bill of costs
- Costs budgets - issues that arise at CCMCCs and avoiding them
- Changes to fixed costs and Jackson coming in 2021/2022
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme