Copyright - Advanced Aspects Explored
Assuming a detailed knowledge of copyright law and practice, this course will consider a number of key areas in depth.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- 'Agreements to agree' clauses, typically in respect of assignments and licenses - are they enforceable?
- The incidental inclusion
- The application of moral rights in practice and damages for infringement
- Aggravated damages
- What might the boundaries of artistic works be?
- Copyrighting subsisting in a work which infringes another
- The important and continuing 'carry overs' and 'automatic' reverter which can and has caught out copyright practitioners
- Assignor's rights to royalties - the potentially serious problem of assigning copyright in exchange for, or partly for, royalty payments
- Fiduciary duties of publisher-assignees
- The position of 'ghost writers'
- Unpublished works
- Right to repair works protected by copyright?
- Statutory copyright presumptions
- Crown Copyright
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Prices (ex VAT)
Discounts are available for multiple places and if you have 5 or more people interested in this course and would like to discuss holding it in your area or on an in-house basis then please email us at email@example.com
Can’t Make the Date?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme