Contract Law & Dispute Resolution for Construction Professionals
This introductory level course has been designed to explain the contractual relationships and duties that govern construction works in England and Wales.
It will also explore what remedies may be available if a party breaches those duties and how those remedies may be enforced.
The course is aimed at construction professionals including architects, engineers and quantity surveyors.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Contract formation and the law of restitution
- Privity of contract, third party rights and warranties
- Construction contracts (FIDIC, RIBA, JCT, NEC)
- Construction Act (payment and suspension of works)
- Breach of contract (defects and delays)
- Dispute resolution processes (pre-action protocols & negotiation, mediation, litigation, arbitration and adjudication)
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme