Consumer Rights & Remedies - Live with Keith Markham
This live broadcast session sets out the key rights and remedies available in respect of the supply of goods, services and digital content to consumers.
There is also a brief summary of the enhanced consumer measures now available to enforcement bodies in certain circumstances.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Sale of Goods
- Consumer rights - satisfactory quality; fitness for particular purpose; as described; match a sample; right to supply; match a model
- Consumer remedies - short term right to reject; repair; replacement; right to price reduction; final right to reject
- Burden of proof
- Consumer rights - reasonable care and skill; reasonable price; reasonable time period; information about trader to be binding
- Consumer remedies - right to price reduction; right to repeat performance
- Digital Content
- Definition and application of the rules
- Rights and remedies
- Compensation where device of content is damaged
- Enhanced Consumer Measures
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.