Consumer Law Update - What’s New?
This live broadcast session will discuss several topical issues in the field of consumer law.
It will summarise the key provisions of the proposed EU New Deal for Consumers which, if implemented, will have a profound impact in this area of law.
It will also look at recent examples of enforcement action and rulings of both the High Court and the European Court of Justice.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- EU New Deal for Consumers
- Improved on-line rights for consumers
- Introduction of representative actions on behalf of consumers (no law firms allowed!)
- Fining powers of 4% of turnover as a minimum available to enforcement bodies
- Enforcement Action
- Examples of enforcement action by the CMA in the following areas:
- Hotel booking websites
- Social media influencers
- Loyalty penalties
- Coronavirus - do we have to provide a refund?
- Average Consumer Standard
- High Court guidance on the meaning of this key definition
- Returns Policies
- ECJ ruling on who is responsible for the return of defective goods
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.