Consumer Law - Complex Issues Simplified
Questions of consumer law are arising with ever greater frequency and involve ever greater complexity, presenting an increasing challenge for parties and their legal representatives. This course will address the current trends in the area and demystify some of the more impenetrable consumer law issues of the day.
The course is aimed at partners, senior associates and in-house counsel who already understand the basics of consumer law but are coming across more taxing issues in contentious and non-contentious situations.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Drafting fair variation clauses
- The fair operation of variation clause
- Section 50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- The extent to which pre-contractual statements/information is/are binding;
- The practical considerations arising out of section 50
- CMA Activity in the consumer sphere
- Secondary ticketing
- Hotel Booking
- Care Hire
- The Changing Claims Landscape
- Change in CMC regulation since April 2019
- Shifting focus towards larger, more individually lucrative cases
- Group/Collective action
- Cancellation under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
- When the right of cancellation applies
- Problems that arise in practice
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme