Construction Contracts - Show Me the Money
This course will look at the mechanisms contained within the most widely used standard forms of contract used in the UK construction industry (JCT and NEC3) where money is required to change hands.
The day is aimed at guiding delegates through a thorough review of the money related provisions, relevant legislation and/or case law that underpins the mechanisms adopted. This course is aimed at practitioners with some knowledge and/or experience of this area to assist them with developing their skills further. Find out:
- How to use/protect retention monies
- How to challenge/preserve LAD's
- Understand the various mechanisms/default provisions for valuing variations
If you are a construction or commercial lawyer, or a property professional involved in construction payment disputes then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- Certification - the process and certifier duties
- Payment - interim and final (and to subcontractors)
- Liquidated damages
- Claims for money
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme