Confidentiality & Conflicts of Interest - The SRA Requirements
Managing conflicts of interest and protecting confidentiality are fundamental duties, yet too often the correct response is misunderstood putting you at risk of SRA disciplinary consequences.
This course is aimed at anyone working in a law firm who needs an understanding of these topics plus compliance and risk management professionals and compliance officers. It will explain the SRA requirements and discuss your legal duties to protect data.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Why compliance matters
- Conflicts of interest - SRA expectations and outcomes, misunderstandings, commercial decisions and SRA decisions
- Confidentiality - SRA outcomes, myths and misunderstandings
- Confidentiality vs disclosure duties - SRA expectations and use of information barriers
- Can you act for seller and buyer?
- What duties do you owe a former client?
- Data protection and the GDPR
- Compliance solutions
- SRA investigations
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme