Compliance Under Lockdown - A Guide for Law Firms
New codes of conduct have been with us for some months now, and new flexibilities have been opened up. Under lockdown, however, much of the thinking behind running a law firm - and the ethical standards that must be applied - has not changed despite the unusual circumstances we all now find ourselves facing.
Learn how to reconcile a zero-tolerance policy with a culture of confession and keep the regulators happy - and find out how to ensure you and your firm remain compliant notwithstanding the current difficulties.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key duties and the ‘new’ rules
- COVID-19 - the reaction of the regulators to new patterns of working
- Supervision and control of home workers
- Steps to ensure safe working practices
- Guidance and assistance from Regulators and HMG
- Breaches in practice - how easy it is to get it wrong
- The need for transparency
- The need for adherence
- How best to protect you and your firm
- Where can new staff receive guidance?
- The rules broken most frequently are the most basic - costs, conflicts, confidentiality, undertakings
- How many reports of code breaches are made to your COLP?
- Do your clients still complain about costs?
- Are your fee-earners doing all the conflict checks? Are you certain? How do you know?
- Are your cyber systems secure? What impact has homeworking had on your systems and procedures?
- Can saying ‘cool’ land you in big trouble?
- How do you know when you are getting it wrong?
- What should you do if you are getting it wrong?
- Will you lose your job if you report mistakes to your COLP?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 26th June 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation