Competition Law Update & Brexit - A Masterclass
This masterclass covers recent developments in EU & UK competition law through a review of leading cases and legislative reform over the last year.
It will also cover the effect Brexit will have on the application and enforcement of competition law in the UK.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Article 101/Chapter I Developments
- A review of recent cases involving restrictive practices
- Digital markets and vertical restraints
- Review of the vertical agreements block exemption
- Article 102/Chapter II cases
- A review of recent dominance cases
- Analysis of technology abuse cases : Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon (GAFA) cases
- Interim measures
- Excessive pricing
- Proposed Legislative Developments for Reform
- Will the Tyrie proposals see the light of day?
- Recent Developments in Merger Control
- Industrial policy considerations
- Gun jumping and procedural infringements
- UK and EU foreign investment reforms
- Recent Developments in Competition Litigation
- The Mastercard case and the future of collective actions in the UK
- BrNed: First follow on damages case to reach judgment
- Skanska/Goldman Sachs: Liability of parent companies for cartel damages/fines of subsidiaries
- Brexit timeline
- The effect of the Withdrawal Act on competition law and merger control
- Status of European Court judgments
- Development of competition law post Brexit
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme