This course considers the key elements in the development process, the professional team involved together with the development appraisal techniques used in valuing development sites and the viability of potential developments.
It is aimed at surveyors involved in any aspect of real estate development.
What You Will Learn
The seminar will explain the theory and practice behind development and development appraisal techniques, the advantages and shortfalls of the residual appraisal method and how analysis can be used to assist with decision-making.
Delegates will be invited to prepare a basic residual appraisal on their own laptop or tablet before refining this to consider more complex examples.
It will include:
- What is the development process?
- Who should form part of the professional team?
- Why appraisals are necessary
- Key inputs and how they can be derived
- Using sensitivity analysis, scenarios and how they can help consider and reduce risk
- What are the disadvantages and shortcomings of the residual appraisal?
- Using cash flow methods to refine the appraisal
- Phased developments
Delegates should bring their own laptops or tablets with Excel or other spreadsheet software loaded.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme