Commercial Developments - A Guide to Appraisal & Valuation Techniques for Architects & Surveyors
This three hour live broadcast session will consider the key elements in the development process, the professional team involved together with the development appraisal techniques used in valuing development sites and assessing the viability of potential developments and funding options.
Finally, it considers what should be included in Red Book compliant valuations of developments.
It is aimed at surveyors, architects and others, particularly those involved in considering financial and valuation aspects of real estate development.
It will explain the theory and practice behind development and development appraisal techniques, the advantages and shortfalls of the residual appraisal method and how analysis can be used to assist with decision-making.
What You Will Learn
This live interactive course will cover the following:
- What is the development process?
- Who should form part of the professional team?
- ‘Establishing the facts’
- Why appraisals are necessary
- Key inputs and how they can be derived
- Using sensitivity analysis, scenarios and how they can help consider and reduce risk
- What are the disadvantages and shortcomings of the residual appraisal?
- Using cash flow methods to refine the appraisal
- Criteria for comparing development options
- Phased developments
- Funding the development
- Red Book reports on valuations
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.