Collateral Warranties & Third Party Rights
This half day course is suitable for surveyors and others involved in the procurement of works and the negotiation of project documentation who wish to increase their understanding of the protection their clients ought to be seeking; or that their clients have been asked to provide, and how to negotiate their position.
Attendees will learn how to identify the key benefits of (and deficiencies within) collateral warranties and third party rights and how to put them in place effectively.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Collateral Warranties v Third Party Rights
- What are collateral warranties?
- What are third party rights?
- Their objectives
- Typical terminology
- Key distinctions
- Standard forms
- Mechanisms of implementation
- Commercial issues
- Typical content (including net contribution clauses, equivalent rights of defence provisions, step-in provisions)
- Recent case law
- Consideration of key contractual concepts & priorities, pitfalls & risk management strategies along the way
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme