Cohabitation in Scotland - A Guide to the Key Issues
When a cohabiting couple's relationship breaks down, there are many potential pitfalls to consider.
This new course is aimed at family and conveyancing lawyers who advise on financial and property matters in Scotland.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A review of the up to date case law on claims under the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006, including Gow v Grant and M v S
- Consideration of occupancy rights
- A detailed look at matters to consider when drafting cohabitation agreements, including whether such agreements fall under the ‘fair and reasonable’ test
- Domicile and jurisdictional issues
- Tax issues which may arise, particularly in relation to the purchase of additional properties
- Actions for division and sale and actions for unjustified enrichment
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme