Clinical Negligence Update - Consent, Costs & Case Law
Clinical negligence is a constantly changing area not only in terms of what cases can progress but also because of increasing and sustained pressure by defendants and insurers on claimant costs.
This webinar will review recent developments from consent to causation through to costs and ATE premiums.
By viewing this webinar you will understand the developing areas of clinical negligence and how to deal with any problems that may arise.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Old cases return to the Court of Appeal
- Medication and advice about medication
- Hospital acquired infections
- Causation Issues
- Would have undergone procedure anyway
- No need to prove mechanism
- But for test v material contribution
- Primary victims
- Consent issue
- Quantum Issues
- Cost of surrogacy recoverable
- Accommodation claims
- Procedural Matters
- Anonymity order
- Recent cases on witness evidence and absences
- Former expert opinions
- Defendants not obliged to make reasonable enquiries of third parties for non-admissions
- Costs /ATE
- Interim payment on account of costs
- CFA and legal aid
- ATE insurance
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 29th November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.