Client Account Details & Cybercrime - Simple Steps to Protect Yourself
The problem of frauds and scams continues to bedevil the profession. As part of our approach to this we need to have mechanisms in place for the exchange of client account details that cannot be hacked.
Whether the problem is a bogus firm, or a fraudster intercepting your email, the problem of money being sent to the wrong destination will either cause severe embarrassment or at worst put you in breach of trust.
What about the hackers, too? Being prevented from accessing your client accounts and files can be dislocating in the extreme.
What You Will Learn
This 30 minute webinar will cover the following:
- What is the current scale of the problem?
- Scams and frauds relating to client accounts
- Internet attacks
- The current position
- Key concerns
- Key cases
- Other effects
- Practical steps
- Who should you give your account details to?
- How should you disclose them?
- How can you ascertain that others do not invite our clients to send money to them?
- What other steps should we take?
- What to do if it all goes wrong
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 12th January 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.