Civil Case Update 2019 - A Guide for Litigators in Scotland
Civil case law doesn’t stop; the decisions of the civil courts continually shape the advice we give to clients and the drafting of pleadings and contracts.
This live broadcast session will provide a comprehensive summary of the significant civil cases in Scotland within the last 12 months.
The session will cover a range of topical issues from commercial contracts to international private law. The cases considered will also provide analysis of practical issues such as expert evidence and party litigants.
What You Will Learn
This live interactive session will cover the following:
- The law of formation
- Civil procedure
- The Law of Prescription
- The interaction of different remedies for breach of contract
- Key cases including:
- Centenary 6 Ltd v Joint Liquidators of Centenary Holdings III Ltd
- Campbell v Dugdale
- Shade v A N Young Limited and Young
- Milne v Stuartfield Windpower Limited
- Midlothian Council v Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical Ltd
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.