Children & Online Consent - GDPR Update
The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) on 25th May 2018 caused near panic in some areas of business which rely on the internet for marketing.
Now implementation is behind us, it is time to determine whether and to what extent the GDPR will actually impact upon business.
This webinar considers the question of obtaining consent from minors in the context of businesses and has been designed to highlight to practitioners the issues raised by the GDPR limitations on child consent and the risks raised by 'Brexit' to any business following the UK's claimed derogation on the age of consent as set out in the GDPR.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The basics of data protection law as applied to minors
- Comparison with e.g. contract law and medical practice
- The developments of that position in GDPR
- The Member State derogations
- The UK position under the Data Protection Act 2018
- The complexities and risks introduced by 'Brexit' for any business dealing with minors in England and Wales, whether or not based in the jurisdiction