Charity Governance & Finance - A Guide for Trustees
Charity trustees have the overall responsibility for managing and directing the affairs of their charity. In the current climate good governance and a proper understanding of that role is crucial. In March 2017 The House of Lords Select Committee on Charities issued a report, 'Stronger Charities for a Stronger Society' which among other areas stresses the need for well-informed trustees.
This course will explore the responsibility of trustees, with particular focus on financial governance, using real life examples of best practice, as well as where things can go wrong!
The course is aimed at charity trustees and their professional advisors, who are keen to add value to the support they provide. It will also be relevant to new trustees or those considering the role and will assume a minimal level of prior charity finance knowledge or experience.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The six key duties of trustees and how to apply them in practice
- Good governance including the new Charity Governance Code
- Creating an effective trustee board
- Writing the Trustees Annual Report including the challenges and opportunities that presents
- Measuring financial performance and the importance of a reserves policy
- Risk assessment and managing financial performance
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme