Charity Governance - The Essentials
This webinar focuses on the governance of charities.
It is aimed at those giving legal advice to charity trustees, whether members of the committee of an unincorporated association, trustees of a charitable trust, directors of a charitable company or charity trustees of a CIO.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Difference in governance between different forms of charity
- Difference between governance of a charity and a commercial entity
- Setting up a charity - what provisions to include
- Powers of delegation and their use and abuse
- How trustees should put the charity's interests first
- The roles of the chair, chief executive and other executive staff
- Scope of the trustees' responsibilities
- Voting versus consensus
- Records and minutes
- Using electronic means to communicate and decide
- CC3 and CC3a Charity Commission guidance on the essential Trustee
- CC27 Charity Commission guidance on trustee decision-making
- CC29 Charity Commission guidance on conflicts of interest and charities
- CC48 Charity Commission guidance on trustee meetings
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 31st August 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.