Charities - Direct Tax Issues including Trading & Gift Aid - Live at Your Desk
This new live broadcast session deals with the impact of income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax on charitable trusts and charitable companies. It looks at what income is and is not exempt from tax and what action charities should take to avoid paying tax on their income.
It also gives a brief overview of the tax relief available to donors and the related anti-avoidance measures.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Definition of charity for tax purposes
- Taxation of charity income and gains
- Charitable and non-charitable expenditure
- Trading by charities and subsidiaries
- Business sponsorship, charity shops and other commercial fundraising
- Sale of land and buildings
- Gift Aid for donations from individuals
- Payroll deduction scheme
- Tainted donation rules
- Gifts of shares and property to charities
- Donations from companies and businesses
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.