Certificate in Employment Law - Live at Your Desk
This interactive live broadcast is designed for junior lawyers, those new to employment law, trainees and HR professionals. It's your indispensable guide to provide a solid grounding in employment law and will incorporate the latest EU changes.
The day will have a strong practical focus, exploring key concepts in an interesting, supportive and challenging training environment. You will be given opportunities to work in small groups, share your own experiences and have your particular questions answered.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Your essential responsibilities to ensure clients receive the very best from your practice
- Employment law - sources, resources and structure
- Who is an employee? Considering employee status, demystifying the legal tests and working practices
- Contracts of employment - an introduction to the foundations of the working relationship
- Unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal and wrongful dismissal - considering the core elements of these 3 claims
- Redundancy - exploring the key stages and supporting processes
- Discrimination and parental rights
- Settlement Agreements - your role in negotiating and assisting
- Employment tribunal practice and procedure - including your rights of audience and the impact of the current reforms
- A round up of the latest EU political changes and their impact on employment law
- Including the latest on tribunal fees
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.